Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is an undergraduate academic degree program in pharmacy. The program is designed to train students to become professionals in the field of pharmacy, which involves the study of drugs and medication, their formulations, their uses, and their effects on the human body.
B.Pharm (Lateral Entry) stands for Bachelor of Pharmacy. It is a 3 years long undergraduate course. After completing the course, graduates will obtain the ‘Bachelor of Pharmacy degree. After obtaining this degree, graduates may start practising as a Pharmacist in India as well as abroad! One of the main tasks of a pharmacist is to prescribe medications to patients. It is evident from this very fact that the course of B.Pharm focuses on the study of biology, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, medicines, physiology, pharmacology, dispensing etc. The course trains students in the above-mentioned aspects and makes them ready to take on various roles in the pharmaceutical industry. Possessing the knowledge of medicines and biology, graduates may perform tasks such as prescribing appropriate medicine to patients (pharmacist), clinical research, working at pharmaceutical companies etc.
- Analytical Chemist
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Hospital Drug Coordinator
- Drug Therapist
- Chemical Technician
- Drug Technician
- Drug Inspector
- Health Inspector
- Research Officer
Scope in India
- Hospitals & nursing homes in managerial positions or as Chief Pharmacists.
- They can also look forward to a bright future as Health administrators
- Health System coordinators
- Private health care centre
- Planners / Analysts in community care access centres and for Govt
- Drug Inspectors in Government departments.
- Analyst in community care access centres and for Govt.>
- Plenty of scope in the drug manufacturing industry.
- Option for proceeding on further higher studies
TOP RECRUITER COMPANIES
- Government Drug research Institutes/li>
- Cipla Limited
- Pfizer Inc
- GlaxoSmithKline India
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited
- Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
- Mankind Pharma