D. Pharmacy (Diploma in Pharmacy)is a two-year diploma program designed to train students to become pharmacy professionals who assist pharmacists in dispensing medications and providing medication advice to patients. Pharmacy is a healthcare field that deals with the preparation, dispensing, and management of medications.
A diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm) is a two-year diploma course in the field of pharmaceutical science. The course is designed to impart knowledge and skills required for the practice of pharmacy. The primary objective of the course is to provide students with an understanding of the basic principles of pharmacy and the ability to apply these principles to the preparation and dispensing of medications. D.pharma focuses on taking modules heading on chemistry, human biology and physiology, pharmaceutics (how medicines are made) and pharmacology (how drugs interact with the body).D Pharma is a two-year-long, entry-level certificate course that deals with the study of science and the art of preparing and dispensing medicines and drugs. Students are equipped with the knowledge of basic pharmacy education including the application of chemistry, concepts of biochemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology that enable them to acquire career opportunities in public and private companies as Clinical Pharmacists, Pharmacologists, Clinical Research Associates (CRA), etc.
SCOPE IN D.PHARMA
- D.Pharma makes a person eligible to work as a registered Pharmacist in India.
- After completing the course person can get employment opportunities as Pharmacist in private and government hospitals.
- Person can work in health clinics, NGOs, and community health centres.
- The course also enables a person to get an entry-level job in pharmaceutical companies at various divisions like Process Control, Manufacturing and Quality Control.
- Person can work as Medical Representative. Although, there is the pressure of meeting targets in this profession, incentives and other perks make this profession quite rewarding.
- If a person is equipped with an entrepreneurship spirit, he/she can open their own retail pharmacy outlet, wholesale business or surgical items shop.
- There is also the scope of higher studies after D. Pharma. A person can directly apply for the second year of a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma), after completing Diploma in Pharmacy course.
- Bachelor’s degree in law after D. Pharma makes a person eligible to work as an Intellectual property lawyer.
- Data Analyst
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Assistant Professor
- Research Scientist
- Retail Pharmacist
- Food and Drug Administrator
TOP COMPANY RECRUITERS
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Divis Laboratories Ltd.
- Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd.
- Cipla Ltd.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd.
- Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Zydus Lifesciences Ltd.
- Max Healthcare Institute Ltd.